Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Look not to your own understanding... SURRENDER.

This morning has been a very trivial one. For the past month, my company has been planning a promotional tour that was 95% in completion. It was scheduled to kick off on this coming Friday. This morning I got hit with news that it may not happen due to legal reasons beyond my control. Anyone's natural human reaction would have been frustration, some might go through a brief moment of anger considering the amount of time that goes into this line of work, but because I know the God that I serve and I know who I am and what I'm capable of (and also I do have other clients I need to put energy into lol), I'm totally at peace and I'm actually excited to see what God has planned next for this particular client. I may work in the music industry, but I'm not of this music industry. If most entertainers and people who work in this industry realize that there is a GREATER power calling the shots than any man on earth, then they will get all the desires of their hearts with less worry.

In the midst of reading emails, phone calls and pondering when and how to go about making these potential cancellation emails and phone calls, one of my  mentors called me out of the blue and simply asked, "What's wrong?"... It's a normal human reaction to wonder if what you've been doing is what you really want and should be doing every single time something goes wrong, but it's amazing how God works isn't it.. She literally "chin-checked" me as she would like to put it, reminding me of WHO I am, WHAT I've been called to do, what has been prephesized to me, and how my life is going to affect others... The video she sent me of Oprah Winfrey sharing her experience of surrendering to God through times of doubt and frustration came right on time.
(Thank you Robin!)

No weapons formed against me shall prosper.


"When you've worked as hard and done as much, and strived and tried and given, and pled and bargained and hoped, SURRENDER. When you have done all that you can do and there is nothing left for you to do, give it up. Give it up to that thing that is greater than your self and let it then become a part of the flow. The wanting of it and then the surrendering of it has taught me how to live in a space of letting go. You can dream this much, but God has a bigger dream."

Oprah's experience with the movie, The Color Purple, set her up for the national Oprah Winfrey show and much more. She did not know that during her times of doubt and praying to God for peace with letting go.

Look not to your own understanding, surrender everything to God.

-J.Couture

1 comment:

  1. Words can't express how much I needed this! THANK YOU for sharing!

    ReplyDelete