Tuesday, February 7, 2012

NEW MUSIC: Brandy & Monica's "It All Belongs to Me"

Well , well, well..... What we have all been waiting to hear... well at least what I've been dying to hear since I'm a HUGE 90's R&B fan and the Brandy and Monica "The Boy is Mine" collaboration from 1998 was my joint!... BUT i'm not too sure how I feel about this sequal.. I love the track, but I felt as if there should be more emotion in the writing to compliment the emotion in the production.. It started off great, but they lost me when the pre-hook and the hook came in... I mean, they're talking about clothes, cars, rings, mac books, facebook, etc.. Maybe they thought those things would appeal to the younger generation and that age group would relate to it, since they are in their 30's..... And I felt like Monica's verse was like 2 seconds long... These ladies have been through so much in the past 14 years since the first single, they could have expressed so much more in this song.... mayn, this could have been a banger!.. In my personal opinion, Ne-Yo would have probably KILLED the writing on this one... He got Beyonce that world wide female anthem "to the left, to the left"... I'm Just Sayin.

I don't know about this writing Rico, but none the less, I still love my girls... but I doubt if I add this one the the playlist.... #sadface


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment