Thursday, February 23, 2012

SWV Drops New Video for "Co-Sign"


Ok, I looooove me some SWV, but I'm not quite sure if hiring Derek Blanks to direct their come back video after 15 years of not being on the scene was a good idea, visually... Don't get me wrong the man is dope at what we know him for, which is photography, but the video in my opinion "looks" very low budget, like a low budget film. I hate to say it... I have A LOT of experience shooting/editing, being on sets of music videos as production assistants and production coordinators, so I know what it takes to put a music video together and what these budgets look like. But I also know that you can hire a production team for like $5k with dope editing software and put together a banging ass video that looks like the budget was $50k... I'm just saying... I wished to see more from a come back video... The cuts, frames and transitions, in my opinion, were very dry.. and I'm not sure if it's just me but alot of the audio seemed out of synch...

I'm done spazzing on production... lol... On a brigther tip, the hair, make-up and clothes were nice.. very age appropriate!



In my mind, I was hoping they came out in a certain way that would appeal a little bit to the younger generation.. They could have used some brighter color variations that would catch the attention of our younger audience visually because the song is still dope.. The earth tones make the video seem so blaaaaah... But I guess SWV is sticking to their loyal, older fanbase, and I'm cool with that if that's what their aiming for... Hell, they've already earned their place in this industry so their loyal fans are going to buy the album anyway, which drops April 10th!.. It would have been smart to maybe reach another age demo tho...



Love my girls, LeLee, CoKo and Taj!... I'm ready to see them live!!!!!

-J.Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment