Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Want the OLD Nicki Minaj Back...

Yo, I came across this video of Nicki Minaj from back in the day spittin' a rap verse or it coulda been a freestyle.. I must say, if this Nicki would have hit mainstream, I probably would have respected her straight out the gate and been a fan straight out the gate.. It took me a minute to take her seriously with all the cartoon antics she has.. It wasn't until I heard about this so-called beef with Lil Kym til I started noticing who Nicki Minaj was and it wasn't until she spit her verse on Kanye's "Monster" when I respected her an MC for holding her own on a track with heavy weights like Kanye West, Rick Ross and Jay-Z... It was then when I realized, "Ok, this girl can spit, for real" and I started checkin for Nicki Minaj ... Peep the vid.


THOUGHTS!?

Nicki is a POP star.. I'm not even all the way certain if the Hip Hop world respects her as a true MC behind closed doors (for all those who know what the real definition of what a MC is).. I mean what she's been doing is cool for those who like it, but in my opinion, she could have really claimed her throne as the queen of Hip Hop of our time... She could have had her own lane, because right now, there ain't no other female rappers doin' it right now.. I guess that's why what she gives us is accepted because there aren't any other female rappers to compete against.. Respectively she's a female rapper, but come on, she is not marketed all the way as a Hip Hop artist.. But whatever, maybe Nicki's cool with that.. But from the looks of this video, some where down the line, either what's being portrayed now is the real Nicki Minaj or somebody force fed her what she should be doing... What do y'all think?

-J.Couture 

No comments:

Post a Comment