Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Island Def Jam Music Group Appoints Joie Mandel President, Def Jam Recordings!


Wow, talk about an inspirational moment for me!... Do you, or have you heard of 6 degrees of separation?.. Well I most definitely believe and can attest to the concept.

As the marketing assistant at Trill Entertainment from 07-09, working under the GM C.Scott and CEO's Turk and Mel, I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Mandel and in a sense work for him too through the chain of command by completing and performing tasks for Trill Ent because Trill had a distribution deal with Asylum.

I just think this is sooooo cool!!.. I last talked to Joie last year. I was telling him about my journey thus far and he wished me luck as I interviewed for an assistant position to an urban music division project manager at Atlantic Records, NYC office. Sending congrats, love and prayers of continued success and prosperity to Joie as he steps into this position as the President of Def Jam Recordings!

Read the full article HERE on IslandDefJam.com.

-J.Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment