Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Countdown to Diggy: Rehearsals for the Life of the Jetsetter Tour

It wouldn't even be right if I didn't post this. 


I, of ALL people, but well deserving, had the opportunity to shadow Dionnee Harper, Urban Marketing Project Manager for Atlantic Records for a week back in May of 2011 in their NYC office. I had the privilege and also the honor of accompanying Dionnee for Diggy's initial label meetings at Atlantic after being signed. I sat in every single department meeting with Diggz and Perry as they visited each department from marketing, promotions, creative services, public relations, international, etc. So with that, I witnessed Diggy voice to the label his visions for his debut album when it came down to the album artwork, touring, his stage shows, music videos, and everything else. He was so specific as to colors, how many dancers he wanted, the type of directors he wanted to work with, etc. Diggy is a very hard working artist. He is dedicated to his craft and knows exactly what his goals and visions are for his career. It was an awesome experience for me, meeting and getting to know Diggy and Perry, his road manager. It was also a great experience over hearing conversations between the two and Rev Run and seeing how Julie Greenwald interacted with Diggz as well. 

As a former Atlantic promotions manager, Diggy's projects were one of the last projects I worked for the label in ATL last year. So to see all of his dreams, visions and goals come to life is very rewarding for me in a sense. I wish Diggy the best of luck with his debut album release, Unexpected Arrival. I'm so happy he's getting everything he's worked so hard for!

Watch, Countdown to Diggy: Rehearsals for the Life of the Jetsetter Tour!


-J.Couture


No comments:

Post a Comment