Thursday, August 9, 2012

NEW MUSIC: Jhene Aiko's "3:16AM" [Official Video]


I honestly don't even know how I want to feel about this song and video after watching her explanation behind the creative direction. She basically said when she was a little girl all she wanted to do was watch horror movies. She also said between the hours of 3AM and 5AM she explores the dark thoughts that she has, befriends and embraces them and that's what the inspiration was behind this song. When I first heard it and watched the video, I didn't want to pass the "she sold her soul" judgement because that's not always the case, but damn.... now, I'm not too sure.. Jhene's project is called "Souled Out".... So we'll see what's to come...

Check it out!



Jhene explains the creative direction of this song and video...


So what are we thinking...

DO WE LOVE IT?!

Considering I've been a fan since 2001, I'll give her a second shot.. This isn't necessarily what I expected to see or hear, or even want to hear as a true fan coming from Def Jam's debut artist, Jhene Aiko.. Her mixtape was too fly for this follow up... But to each its own.

-J.Couture


No comments:

Post a Comment