Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Check Me Out: International Music Conference R&B/Hip Hop Panelist


HUGE Thank You to Julia and Reggie of the 2nd Annual International Music Conference that was held in Atlatna, GA this past weekend at the Melia Hotel. This was my first official panel as the new kid on the music executive business block! haha.. I had a lot of fun participating on the R&B/Hip Hop Song Feedback Panel with my industry peers: GRAMMY Award winning Chuck Harmony, GRAMMY Nominated Nate Walker, Atlantic A&R KP, GRAMMY Nominated Kendrick Dean, and Peniece Le Gall, Director of SESAC. We answered questions that related to the state of R&B and Hip Hop music today and provided valuable and critical feedback to conference attendees who were brave enough to play their music in front of us! lol... It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to next year's conference. Check out some of the pics...

L to R: Peniece Le Gall, Kendrick Dean, Me (J.Couture) & Chuck Harmony
Not pictured: KP and Nate Walker


L to R: Johnathon Landrum (Panel Moderator) & Myself


L to R: Me, Ericka Sampson and Jennifer Pessima



Shout out to New Era Flagship Store for sponsoring...

Me and Julia

Julia & Reggie

Johnathon, Julia & Reggie

Peniece & Myslef



There is definitely value in attending these types of conferences if you are an aspiring music business professional. Towards the end of the panel I offered a 14 year old producer/songwriter assistance in scoring an internship with one of Atlanta's hottest award nominated Hip Hop producers. I saw something in him that reminded me of myself at that age. He was full of talent and ambition. I felt he deserved a shot! I'll keep you posted on how that goes... 

Shout out to the boss man, Cappriccieo Scates, for allowing me to participate on the panel in his absence while he's actively doing his part to serve our country!.. and thank you to my friends Ms. Brenda, Jennifer and Ericka for coming through to support! Love you guys :-)

-J.Couture








No comments:

Post a Comment