Friday, May 18, 2012

BET Is Looking for People to Open for the BET Awards!

 There are sooooo many opportunities flying around out there for up and coming, independent talent! Get to work!


Auditions will take place in the following locations:

FRIDAY, May 18th - 1pm - 8pm
Philadelphia, PA
Pearle Theatre (North Lot)
1600 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19121

SUNDAY, May 20th 1pm - 8pm
Washington, D.C.
The Lincoln Theater (Back Lot)
1215 U Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20009

FRIDAY, May 25th - 1pm - 8pm
Underground Atlanta
50 Alabama St. SW
Atlanta, GA 30303

SUNDAY, May 27th - 1pm - 8pm
Mud Island River Park (North Lot)
125 North Front Street
Memphis TN 38101

FRIDAY, June 1st - 1pm - 8pm
Moody Park
3725 Fulton St.
Houston, TX 77009

There really aren't any excuses for independent artist to get exposure on a mainstream level. When I thought I wanted to become a 106 & Park VJ, I hopped a greyhound bus over night to get to Houston, TX the same night I heard about the opportunity to audition for BET Fresh Faces. That didn't quite work out for me in the end because I've switched my focus in entertainment, but I was 17 years old back then amongst 20 - 35 years old and I was one of the only ones in my group to get to the 2 and 3 rounds. That told me that I had what it took, not to take no for an answer and to keep moving forward. Terrence J auditioned 2 or 3 times for the same opportunity but in different states before he got put on. BUST A MOVE!

-J.Couture


1 comment: