Tuesday, April 10, 2012

#BusinessCommandments by Steve Canal


Twitter can be very inspiring, at times. Last night I came across one of my good friend's, Steve Canal, tweets on what he considers the "Business Commandments." I totally agreed and thought they were #Juice worthy! He concluded them with saying, "I hope my #BusinessCommandments can help someone make a better business decision this week!"

Business Commandments:
1. Know your value. Don't sell yourself short.
2. Study your craft and master it. Understand all angles.
3. Innovation, innovation and more innovation!
4. Listen to the people who buy your products or services.
5. Invest back into your brand.
6. Don't guess your scope of work from a client. Understand their needs.
7. Study your competition and their moves.
8. Usually if you're quiet at a business meeting, it's usually because you don't understand what's going on. #NoValue
9. Support your community.
10. Less is more. Get to the point. #NoFluff
11. Stay in your lane.
12. Deliver on your promises. Do what you say and say what you do!
13. Take vacations and encourage employees to do the same.
14. Timing and luck is everything.

I believe in every one of these "Business Commandments." Honestly, all of these are essential to how you should conduct your business to improve your company's value and worth and to beat out your competition. I call it good "Business Etiquette."  Steve, I believe you should go ahead and become a published author. I'd buy this book for sure. Follow Steve on twitter at @SteveCanal.

Sidebar: Ladies, Steve is a very attractive, tall, successful, and respectful business man! I'm not absolutely sure what his formal title is for Miller Coors, but I do know that he's running things. Last time I checked, he was still single. Shouts out to you Steve, much respect! ;-)

-J.Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment